Introduction to Iran VOC Certification
Iran's Certified Export of COI (certificate of inspection), Chinese for compliance verification, is the relevant inspection required by Iran's mandatory import inspection. When the exported products are within the scope of the COI (certificate of inspection) list, the importer must carry out inspections and issue certificates in accordance with the Iranian national standard ISIRI. To obtain certification for export to Iran, relevant certifications must be obtained through an authorized third party.
Most industrial products, equipment, and machinery imported into Iran need to follow the mandatory certification process established by ISIRI (Iranian Institute of Standards and Industry). Iran's import regulations are complex and require a lot of documentation. For details, please refer to the Iran Compulsory Certification Product List to understand the products that must implement the ISIRI “compliance verification” procedure.
The products mentioned in this list can only obtain the Certificate of Conformity (CoC) issued by ISIRI on the basis of the "compliance verification" provided by the inspection company recognized by the Iranian government; and the certificate of conformity issued by ISIRI, Required documents for customs clearance of goods imported. As an importer, you must confirm with the Iranian government authority whether the imported products must follow the compulsory certification process and provide relevant documents required for certification.
Iran VOC certification (Verification of Conformity) is conformity certification, which means the meaning of Iran's mandatory conformity assessment procedure. The Iranian Institute of Standards and Industry (ISIRI) is authorized by the Iranian government through a ministerial order to manage the quality of goods imported to Iran to protect the public safety, health and the environment, avoid low-quality products from impacting related industries, and based on the results of random inspection Issue a customs clearance certificate upon which Iranian Customs releases.
Requirements for commodity inspection
Before the goods are produced and packed and ready for shipment, an inspection date should be scheduled with the inspection agency 3 working days in advance. For goods that need to be issued with VOC certificates, inspections and testing must be arranged at the production plant.
The inspection of commodities mainly includes the following aspects:
1) Model, specifications and parameters;
2) appearance quality;
3) Testing of physical and chemical properties, mechanical properties, electrical properties and other indicators (witness testing or sampling for inspection);
6) Steamed bread and marks (including mark of origin, etc.);
8) Others: For example, whether there are products or prohibited products that do not comply with the laws, regulations and religious practices of the importing country;
9) Container shipment should be supervised for full container shipment.
VOC certification application process
1. The importer applies at the local certification authority
2.The Iranian VOC certification agency feeds back application information to their branches in exporting countries
3. Branches of exporting countries directly contact exporters for inspection matters
4. When inspecting the goods, the issuing agency shall conduct sampling tests
5. If there is no problem in the inspection and the product test is also qualified, issue a VOC certificate
6. If there is a problem with the inspection or the product fails the test, issue a certificate of non-conformity