GCC Certification Introduction
GCC is the acronym for Gulf Cooperation Council in the Gulf. The Gulf Cooperation Council was established in Abu Dhabi, UAE on May 25, 1981. Its member states are Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Sultanate of Oman, Kingdom of Bahrain, and 7 Yemen. The General Secretariat is located in Riyadh, the capital of Saudi Arabia. The highest authority is the Supreme Council, which is composed of the heads of member states, and the chairpersons are alternated for a term of one year. The political and economic systems of the six nations are similar. The royal families are closely linked, and they have common interests in politics, economy, diplomacy, and national defense. They are an important political and economic organization in the Middle East.
GCC member countries have a total area of 2.67 million square kilometers and a population of about 34 million. In 2003, the gross domestic product totaled about $ 380 billion. Its main resources are oil and gas, and it is an important regional organization in the Middle East. The GCC six countries are at the forefront of transportation in the east and west hemispheres, and have very important strategic geographical locations. It borders Iraq and Jordan in the north, Yemen and the Arabian Sea in the south, the Arabian Gulf in the east, and the Red Sea in the west. Most of the territory is desert, which has a tropical desert climate.
Foreign trade occupies a very important position in the national economies of the six GCC countries. Due to its single economic structure, in addition to petroleum and petrochemical products, most of its other living and production needs depend on imports. The total annual import and export trade is about 240 billion US dollars. The main exporting countries are the United States, Japan, the European Union, South Korea, and Southeast Asia. The main importing countries are the European Union, the United States, Japan, and Southeast Asian countries.
GCC logo indication
GCC conformity mark
1) Product companies meet GCC regulations.
2) The labeled products meet the requirements of GCC regulations.
3) The product must not only meet the requirements of safety, public health, consumer protection, etc., but also meet the requirements of GSO regulations.
4) The legal person or enterprise is responsible for the product affixed with the GCC Conformity Marking logo, and promises that the product meets all applicable GSO regulations and has passed the conformity assessment process.
5) In order to have multiple applicable GCC technical regulations, GCC Conformity Marking stated that the product complies with all applicable regulations. These regulations should be reflected on product labels and nameplates.
6) Except for some exempt products caused by special economic reasons or administrative measures, all regulated products must be labeled with GCCConformity Marking before entering the GCC market. Exempted products are only applicable to products that are not harmful to health, safety and related operability. These exempted products must be notified to all Gulf member states by the GSO.
7) The pattern of GCC Conformity Marking cannot be too large or too small, and it must be related to technical regulations.
8) If the relevant regulations stipulate the GCC Conformity Marking mark size, the mark height must be greater than 5mm.
9) The GCC Conformity Marking logo should appear in the appropriate position according to the nature of the product, such as fixed or printed on the product label, or printed on the product packaging or printed on closed documents in accordance with regulatory requirements.
10) GCC Conformity Marking requires clear, readable, and not easy to wear.
11) The GCC Conformity Marking logo is made and pasted at the finished product stage.
12) The GCC Conformity Marking logo must bear the identity code of the notified body
13) No other deceptive marks similar to or similar to the GCC Conformity Marking mark are allowed.
14) GCC Conformity Marking can be used with other national or international marks
The identification appears at the same time, as long as these marks do not confuse GCCConformity Marking and do not limit or impair the readability of GCCConformity Marking.
15) The GCCConformity Marking logo can be made and pasted by the manufacturer, the agency or the person responsible for the GCC marketing of the product.
16) The manufacturer or the agency of a GCC member needs to issue a statement that the company meets the requirements of the relevant regulations of formal inspection and quality control system before making and pasting the GCCConformity Marking logo.
17) Declaration guarantees that the product meets the basic requirements and conditions stipulated in the GCC technical regulations. Or declare that the product is consistent with the sample tested by the notified body.
18) Except where not specified in the GCC regulations, all declaration documents are maintained for at least 10 years.
19) Statements and labels include at least the following:
A. The name of the manufacturer or the agency of the GCC country;
B. Product identity characteristics, such as product name, model, model code, and serial number.
C. Standards and regulations and technical guidelines adopted for product design and production;
D. Product grade or category (appliances);
E. Person responsible for the product and its signature (manufacturer or legal agent of GCC member state);
F. Declaration document-declare that this document states the responsibility of the manufacturer or the legal agent;
G. The identity of the signatory of the manufacturer or agency;
20) The declaration file may contain other information, such as the name and address of the inspection and testing agency, and the name and address of the person responsible for the product.
21) To prevent a product from having multiple applicable GCC technical regulations, manufacturers can issue a statement, including all GCC technical regulations that the product meets in the statement.
22) Declaration documents are available to market survey and control agencies of GCC member states at any time.
According to the newly added standard in the form of extension, it is necessary to retest the new standard item and submit it to the GSO with the GCC certificate. GSO reserves the right to view other test reports and raw data of other models. All test data must come from the company's own laboratory or from an independent laboratory accredited by GSO.
1) For models that have already been certified and have been awarded the GCC certificate, the manufacturer must re-submit the original of the new GCC certificate of conformity and the test report and original data of the new test items to the GSO Head Office.
2) For newly-certified vehicle manufacturers, they must submit to the GSO a certificate of compliance with the GCC certification requirements and submit a test report that meets the GSO requirements. Every year before the first shipment, the manufacturer should submit a certificate of conformity in English / Arabic to the GSO to prove that the model meets the requirements of the Gulf Vehicle Standard.
3) Manufacturers of semi-finished vehicles (such as chassis, etc.) must also submit a certificate in English / Arabic in advance to the GSO before shipping the first batch of any type of cargo each year, at least in advance to the standards and metrology organizations of the GCC countries A certificate in English / Arabic proves that this type of vehicle was completed in accordance with the semi-manufacturer's guidelines and still meets the requirements of the relevant vehicle bay standard.
1. Complete the GCC certification consultation form and apply to the consulting company;
2. The company tests motor vehicles and tire products in GCC-accredited laboratories in accordance with the relevant Gulf standard methods and requirements;
3. The consulting company assists the enterprise to produce the technical and certification documents required to be submitted to the GSO based on the test data;
4. The GSO will review the documents submitted by the enterprise. If the inspection is qualified, the GSO will issue a GCC certification to the enterprise. If the inspection is unsuccessful, the GSO will notify the enterprise that the application has not been passed and explain the reason;
5. After the validity of the GCC certificate expires, you need to re-create the application for extension and apply for a new GCC certificate.
1) Before formal application, it is important to understand the relevant procedures of GCC certification. Since the GCC certification is valid for one year and requires application materials to be submitted at least three months in advance, the GSO has a summer holiday of up to three months each year. Therefore, Chinese companies must pay special attention to the timing of GCC certification.
2) The key to China's automotive products obtaining GCC certification is to master some special requirements of GCC certification, especially to focus on projects that are different from or more restrictive than China's mandatory standards, such as engine cooling systems, passenger car interior spaces and luggage compartments. Volume, installation location and marking, material requirements for brake pads and batteries, special requirements for power control systems and exhaust systems.
3) As far as possible, Chinese auto companies shall entrust laboratories accredited by the GSO organization to conduct testing tests. The format of the test report content shall meet the requirements, and the test period shall be in accordance with the period deemed appropriate by the GSO organization, and the original records shall be retained.
4) Chinese vehicles must be adaptively modified when GCC certification is carried out, so that they can adapt to the requirements of perennial high temperature, sandy and humid environments in the Middle East. For cars exported to Middle East countries, the engine cooling system should be resistant to high temperatures and strong off-road, because the summer temperature in the Gulf region is as high as 40-50 ° C, and the winter temperature is also maintained at about 20C. The vehicle should be equipped with a large water tank to enhance the heat dissipation of the engine through large water circulation. Use large fans, large batteries, large generators, high-power air conditioners (without heating); use wide tires, tires to increase the ply for high temperature resistance, use windproof sand paint, improve the surface hardness of the car, four-wheel drive, enhance off-road Improve car interior decoration.
5) The configuration and interior of the vehicle must be consistent with regional culture and demand characteristics (Arabic instructions, interiors consistent with the characteristics of Islamic culture, large luggage space).
6) Strengthen vehicle after-sales service.