US NRTL certification profile
NRTL stands for Nationally Recognized Laboratory and is the abbreviation of English Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) under the U.S. Department of Labor requires that products used in the workplace must be tested and certified by a nationally recognized laboratory. Ensure the personal safety of users. In North America, manufacturers legally selling civilian or industrial products on the market must undergo rigorous testing in accordance with national standards. Only after passing the relevant tests of the Nationally Recognized Laboratory (NRTL) can the product be legally sold on the market.
The Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) is a third-party agency that certifies products for the North American market. NRTL is accredited by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) under US Federal Code 29 CFR1910.7 to provide safety testing and certification services for products used in US workplaces. In Canada, only certification bodies accredited by the Canadian Standards Council (SCC) can perform such services.
Certified product range
The authorization scope of each NRTL certification is different. Hangzhou Maike Co., Ltd. actively cooperates with various NRTL certification agencies. The products it represents include:
1. Household appliances, including small appliances, kitchen appliances, home entertainment equipment, etc.
3. Sports and leisure products
4.Household electronic equipment, lighting appliances
6. Electrical and electronic office equipment, such as copiers, fax machines, paper shredders, computers, printers, etc.
7. Communication products and IT products
8. Power tools, electronic measuring instruments, etc.
9.Industrial machinery, experimental measurement equipment
10.Other safety-related products such as bicycles, helmets, ladders, furniture, etc.
11. Hardware tools and accessories
1. Factory audits and preliminary manufacturing quality plan assessments by independent third-party experts.
2. Independent third-party organizations conduct product and safety testing.
3. After the test, the technical certification officer reviews the report and test samples.
4. The technical certification officer issues a certificate.
5. Carry out regular factory supervision and follow-up to ensure the credibility of the certificate.
Like China's CCC certification, it is a compulsory safety certification of North American countries for products sold on the market. But unlike the CCC certification, which is highly compulsory and does not have a unified certification logo, there are only 16 test laboratories authorized by the United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Manufacturers legally sell civilian or industrial products on the market. Products used must be rigorously tested in accordance with US national standards.
NRTL certification is more helpful to improve the brand awareness of companies in the related industries and markets in North America, and guide consumers to purchase products that meet their safety requirements. Through structural inspection and related tests of the products, the safety and health of consumers can be effectively protected, customer satisfaction can be increased, and a larger market can be obtained.