Thailand TISI certification introduction
TISI is short for Thai Industrial Standards Institute. TISI is a department under the Ministry of Industry of Thailand. It is responsible for formulating standards that meet domestic needs and international standards, and monitoring products and conformity assessment procedures to ensure that standards and accreditation are met. TISI is not only the government authority for compulsory certification in Thailand, but also a standard setting and management agency, certification agency, and laboratory accreditation, personnel training and registration agency. It is worth noting that Thailand does not have a non-governmental compulsory certification body.
Thailand implements a TISI certification system combining compulsory certification and voluntary certification. For products that comply with the standard, the TISI logo is allowed. For products that have not yet developed a standard, TISI also implements product registration as a temporary certification means.
The Thai Industrial Standards Association TISI has developed standards to meet the needs and development of the national industry, business, economic government and society, as well as government policy support, consumer protection and environmental and natural resource protection. TISI offers a product certification program that includes two certification marks, a voluntary certification mark and a compulsory certification mark.
Applicable product range
The contents of TISI include technical specifications, product characteristics, product operating performance, raw material quality and testing procedures. Currently, there are more than 2,000 standards covering many consumer products such as food, appliances, vehicles, building materials, and more. The Thai government requires 60 categories of compulsory certification products, covering 8 fields, including: electrical equipment and accessories, medical equipment, building materials, consumer goods, vehicles, PVC pipes, LPG gas containers and agricultural products. In addition, the certification of other categories of products is voluntary certification.
1. The customer provides product information and importer information to NTEK, and NTEK contacts the local Thai importer to collect relevant documents;
2. The customer provides samples and test documents. NTEK sends the samples to the Thai TIS accredited laboratory, and the laboratory arranges the test;
3. NTEK confirms the inspection date with customers and Thai engineers, confirms the Thai engineer's itinerary and makes related arrangements two weeks in advance. NTEK assists in auditing and accompanying translators;
4. NTEK follows up the test progress and the factory inspection report progress. After both are completed, a TISI certificate is issued.
1. Basic product information (including product name, model, specifications, trademarks)
2. Product technical information (including circuit diagram, layout, label, key parts list, instruction manual, specification, etc.)
3. Product photos
4. Factory ISO system certificate and quality control plan, flowchart, quality manual
5. Factory quality management program file
Note: The Thai standard corresponding to this product must be indicated under the certification mark
Before or during the TISI certificate application, the product nameplate cannot be marked with the certification mark. After obtaining the TISI certificate, the product must be marked with the TISI certification mark and the name of the certificate holder. The safety label is attached to the product.