Introduction to Mexico IFETEL certification
IFETEL stands for Instituto Federal de Telecomunicaciones. It is the Federal Institute of Telecommunications of Mexico and is responsible for the testing and type approval process of all imported equipment of Mexico Telecom. All products that use frequency to transmit and / or receive signals and all communication products connected to the public switched telephone network (PSTN) or public network must pass IFETEL certification.
IFETEL certification basic information
· Compulsory certification
No factory inspection required
Requires local representative to hold a certificate
Local testing required
· Certificate is valid for a long time
There is no special mark for IFETEL certification.
Products with on-board / integrated radio: "IFETEL: xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Including the host product that has been certified by the module: "This product contains a certified module, model xxxx, IFETEL number xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
1. Define telecommunication and broadcast radio frequency bands that can be used by the franchise operator.
2. Grant operating rights and approve any transfer of operating rights.
3. Measures or update the telecommunications industry regulations.
4. Identify and regulate telecommunication monopolies.
Applicable product range
All communication equipment entering Mexico, including RF-enabled products such as WIFI, Bluetooth, satellite and mobile cellular.
1. Submit information and samples.
2. After passing the NTEK pre-test, it will be sent to Mexico for local testing.
3. After the samples pass the test, issue a test report.
4. The qualification test agency will review the test report and issue an IFETEL certificate.
3. Installation and operation manual
In addition: cables, power supplies, removable antennas, amplifiers, and test software need to provide two samples.
NOM-208-SCFI-2016: The latest resolution will replace NOM-EM-016-SCFI-2015. Radio communication systems using the radio spectrum in the frequency bands 902-928 MHz, 2400-2483.5 MHz and 5725-5850 MHz (IFT-008-2015 technical requirements).
NOM-088 / 1 (2) -SCT1: Microwave equipment that provides point-to-point (PP) and point-to-multipoint (P-MP) FS system services. Part 1: Multiple visits. Part 2: Transportation
NOM-084-SCT1: Technical specifications of transmitter equipment for fleet mobile services.
NOM-024-SCFI-1198: Commercial information on packaging, labeling, and warranty of electronic and electrical equipment.
IFT 008-2015: Specify limits and test methods for telecommunications equipment, and radio communication systems using spread spectrum technology. In addition, the frequency spectrum of radio equipment used for frequency hopping and digital modulation will be performed in the following frequency bands: 902-928 MHz, 2400-2483.5 MHz and 5725-5850 MHz
IFT-011-2017: The IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identifier) of the phone or tablet needs to be affixed to the device and the manufacturer is required to unlock the "FM" function of the approved mobile terminal device.