Introduction to California Energy Efficiency CEC Certification
CEC certification is an appliance efficiency regulation implemented by the California Energy Commission in the United States on December 30, 2005. The purpose of this regulation is to improve the efficiency of power products, save energy, reduce gas emissions and the greenhouse effect.
CEC certification significance
As more and more electronic products appear in daily life, "saving energy" will become an urgent issue that everyone must face in the 21st century. The California Energy Commission (CEC) is about to implement a new mandatory standard for the energy efficiency of AC-DC and AC-AC external power supplies on July 1, 2006. By then, almost all electronic products will be Suffer a shock.
The standard will cover all products that use external power supplies (such as chargers and adapters), including mobile phones, home wireless phones, portable music players, handheld game consoles, toys, etc., and require that these products be used in standby and in use. Use energy more efficiently.
This means that after mid-2006, all transformers, external power supplies, adapters, and chargers used in the United States and sold to the United States must be changed in design.
In addition to saving energy, CEC's new regulations will also have a major impact on the environment. According to the company's statistics, if all California's external power supplies comply with the new standards, California will reduce carbon dioxide emissions by more than 360,000 tons per year, which is equivalent to the annual emissions of 60,000 cars.
The regulation states that electrical products must first meet equipment energy efficiency regulations when they are sold in California. The regulation specifies energy efficiency indicators, measurement methods, and a phased implementation plan for 58 electrical products. According to the requirements of this regulation, electrical products must be tested by a qualified laboratory in accordance with the corresponding US regulations or standards, and they can be sold in California only after they are shown to meet the requirements.
Applicable product range
The standard will cover all products that use external power supplies (such as chargers and adapters), including mobile phones, home wireless phones, portable music players, handheld game consoles, toys, etc., and require that these products be used in standby and in use. Use energy more efficiently. The definition of CEC's external power supply is: single-phase voltage input AC / DC or AC / AC external power adapter.
1. Product name: Provide the full name of the product
2. Product model: List all product models, varieties or classification numbers that need to be tested.
3. The intended use of the product: such as home, office, factory, coal mine, ship, etc.
4. Parts list: List the parts and models (classification numbers), ratings, and names of manufacturers that make up the product. For insulating materials, please provide the names of the raw materials
5. Electrical performance: For electronic and electrical products, provide point schematic diagram (circuit diagram), ingredient list, etc.
6. Structure drawing: For most products, you need to provide the product's structure drawing or exploded drawing, ingredient list, etc.
7, product photos, instructions for use, safety matters or installation instructions, etc.